Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Truth

The last two mornings during my quiet time has been focused on God being our father. I am going through a Beth Moore study. This week's lesson focuses on God's love. This morning was about God's love for Israel. He stooped down and took Ephraim by the arms to walk (Hos 11:3). I love that God cares about us so much He stoops down and guides us.

This verse has always comforted me whenever I feel alone.
But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me."
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. study and this week is focused on Love. Is 49:14-16

I learned that the definition for the word engraved means "hacked." It seems much more harsh than engraved, I guess that was the point, after all His son was broken for us.

I get all this in my head, I just pray it will make it's way into my heart. As a parent I understand the love a parent has for their child. If my children were filled with the thoughts that I harbor towards myself, I would be sickened. I am so crazy in love with them. I think that God is just saying through these verses, "Open your eyes. You need to get this. How can you love others with my love if you are too busy thinking this garbage?"

This has been a verse I have been clinging to:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. " Is 43:18-19


Oh God, let the truth make it's way to my heart. Change the way I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment