Monday, September 13, 2010

Awareness

Yesterday I caught myself feeling a little sorry for myself. I have always had a hard time fitting into a group at church. Due to my age I don't fit in with the adults whose kids are the same age as mine and those who are my age either are single or are married without children. So we don't have a lot in common. I don't hold this against them, I just feel lonely sometimes.

I felt God speak to me telling me that if I did fit in I would probably feel comfortable and be distracted . I feel God is leading me to a certain ministry. I don't know all the details, I do know that He has been leading me this way for a while now. I am excited to see where He leads me.

I have also been thinking about the fact that half of the world's population lives on less than two dollars per day. We take so much for granted. I have caught myself looking down on the sandwich I brought to work so that I could go out for lunch. I have also been guilty of tossing out perfectly good food. Where have we gone so wrong in our thinking?It seems as though we go through life wearing blindfolds. I don't want to live this way, distracted from reality and truth.
Philippians 2:4
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

I pray that God will open my eyes to what's really going on in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment