Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Radicals??

I came across this article a few days ago. It really got me thinking. I have been challenged lately in the way I think about money, possessions, and so-called security. We can be "prepared" for every imaginable scenario (life/auto/home insurance, RRSPs, sound investments, healthy diet and exercise) and still be caught off guard. This power struggle lures us into trusting ourselves and not God. We do everything in our power to make sure nothing bad happens.

It is so easy to live for today, to focus on my seemingly important problems when in reality they are so minute. I started to wonder how many missionaries have retirement savings plans?

Oh, please God, don't let me fall asleep and get side tracked with things that will not matter in the end. Please let me to think of others more than myself. May I honor you with my thoughts and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment